- 34 Aza-Matsuyashiki, Ueda, Morioka, Iwate 020-0102
- telephone 019-661-2831 FAX 019-665-1214
When going by airplane
To Hanamaki Airport
|Sapporo-Chitose → Iwate-Hanamaki||55 mins||JAL|
|Nagoya-Komaki → Iwate-Hanamaki||1 hr 10 mins||FDA|
|Osaka-Itami → Iwate-Hanamaki||1 hr 25 mins||JAL|
|Fukuoka → Iwate-Hanamaki||1 hr 55 mins||JAL|
From Hanamaki Airport to Morioka Station
|Iwate-Hanamaki Airport → Morioka Station||50 mins||Airport bus|
When going via JR
|Tokyo Station → Morioka Station||2 hrs 13 mins||Tohoku Shinkansen (Hayabusa)|
|Nagoya Station → Morioka Station||About 4 hrs||Tokaido / Tohoku Shinkansen|
|Shin-Osaka Station → Morioka Station||About 5 hrs||Tokaido / Tohoku Shinkansen|
When going by car
- Exit the Tohoku Expressway at the Morioka IC and go east on Route 46. Turn left at the Municipal Gymnasium Intersection and go North. About 20 mins.
- Alternatively, exit at the Morioka-Minami IC and go north on Route 4. About 30 mins.
When going by bus
The way there (to the museum)
The nearest bus stop to the museum is called, “Kenritsu Hakubutsukan-mae.” It’s about a 3 minute walk from the museum.
From Morioka Station
(1) At the bus stop 11 in front of Morioka Station, take a bus headed for either “Matsuzono Bus Terminal” or “Matsuzono Eigyosho” on the main bus line. Get off at the “Matsuzono Bus Terminal” stop (about a 30 minute ride). Buses leave about every 20 minutes.
(2) Transfer to another of the main bus lines at “Matsuzono Bus Terminal.” They leave about every 20 minutes.
a. *Only running on weekdays* Take the Matsuzono main bus line A, get off at the “Kenritsu Hakubutsukan-mae” stop (about a 2 minute bus ride), walk 3 minutes.
b. Take the Matsuzono main bus line C, get off at the “Kenritsu Hakubutsukan-mae” stop (about a 3 minute bus ride), walk 3 minutes. c. Get on the Matsuzono Junkan bus migi-mawari, get off at the “Kenritsu Hakubutsukan-mae” stop (about a 2 minute bus ride), walk 3 minutes.
d. Get on the Matsuzono Junkan bus hidari-mawari, get off at the “Kenritsu Hakubutsukan-mae” stop (about an 18 minute bus ride), walk 3 minutes.
*It is about a 20-minute walk from the “Matsuzono Bus Terminal” to the museum.
To Morioka Station
From the “Kenritsu Hakubutsukan-mae” stop, take a Matsuzono main bus line A (on weekdays only) or a C line, Matsuzono Junkan migi-mawari, or a Matsuzono Junkan hidari-mawari to the Matsuzono Bus Terminal, and transfer to an Ueda Line bus bound for “Morioka Station.”
*Depending on the time, there are some buses that go directly to Morioka Station without transferring. In this case don’t get off at the Matsuzono bus terminal.